Today's recipe is something so simple that anyone can enjoy and do!
Here in Mexico, Avocado has been a very important part of our diet, but nowdays Avocado has become a worldwide trend. You see it everyday on Instagram in smoothies, tacos, sushi, even beauty purposes and of course the one and only Avocado Toast!
Several months ago I did an "Avocado 3 ways" video where you can find a variation of this simple recipe, you can check it out here.
So here's Poached Eggs 1-0-1:
- Take your egg and crack it into a a ramekin, do not attempt to do this directly into the water! do it separately.
- You'll need to start bringing your water to a simmer. To achieve this you need to boil it first and then reduce heat until the bubbles dissapear. Then you're ready!
- Swirl the water and carefully drop the egg into the center. Set timer for 4 minutes if you like a runny yolk.
- Gently lift the poached eggs out of the pan and place it on a plate with a paper towel.
- For the Avocado Toast, just smash 1 Avocado with olive oil, spread on a toast and top it with the poached egg and some grated parmesan. Finally season with salt and pepper.
- For the garnish I chose cherry tomatoes. I started cutting them in halves and adding olive oil and saltn & pepper and voilá!