How to make French Toast
At this point you already know how much I love brunching, and French Toast is a must! So, after reading this post you'll be asking yourself; why I haven't done this before?
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Mixed berries for garnish
- Maple syrup
1. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
2. Cut thick slices of french loaf bread, one day old.
3. Soak them 3 to 5 minutes each side.
4. Use the butter to grease the pan and cook each side until golden brown.
5. Garnish with powdered sugar and mixed berries or why not? crispy bacon.
6. Drizzle with maple syrup.