Fill your house with the best-ever aroma of homemade gingerbread cookies!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbs ground ginger
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 ground cloves
- 1/2 coarse salt
- 2 unsalted butter sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
1. Cream sugar and butter in a mixer.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add to the mixer.
4. Add molasses and egg.
5. Mix until everything is smooth.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks. When cool, the cookies can be frosted with the icing of your choice.
In case you're wondering I used the reindeer cookie decorating set by Wilton.It just doesn’t get more ‘Christmas’ than this.